Hello and thank you for visiting my Blog! My miniature passion lies in making houseplants, but since most are viewable on my website, this blog will often feature wonderful treasures by other artisans, with a few diversions I hope you will find interesting.



Friday, July 6, 2012

A HAPPY ENDING

If I left you in suspense with my last post, wondering about the fate of my ill-shipped plants, I can now report that it all turned out ok, thanks to the efforts of Teri Aaron of The Lawbre Co, a wonderful, sweet, and awesome lady who bailed me out, revived the plants at the Guild Show in Castine, and gave a happy ending to my story.  I will be forever grateful.  Thank you, Teri!

Although I saw the photo of the mis-shapen plants, seeing them in person was a shock.  I hadn't thought about how much they would be transported and handled if I was awarded Artisan, and I should have made a contingency for that. 

They say every dark cloud has a silver lining, and I have found several silver linings in my cloud.  The best is being the recipient of a very kind act by Teri Aaron.  Another is the opportunity to back up my own words about the longevity of my plants.  And yet another is the chance to re-examine my new designs before selling any plants to ensure they are up to my standards.

Here are a few BEFORE and AFTER pics.

PEACE LILY BEFORE

PEACE LILY AFTER

RUBBER TREE BEFORE

RUBBER TREE AFTER

CORN PLANT BEFORE

CORN PLANT AFTER











10 comments:

  1. I can totally imagine how your heart must have jumped out of your mouth when you saw the state of the plants. All's well that ends well :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Carolyn. You're not alone, do i have a story for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't too upset because I figured the plants could be put back to original condition, although I won't sell these because they are special. My main concern is what people would think when they saw the crushed plants. I did discover a way to hold the Corn Plants into the stalk more securely after one fell out, so that's another silver lining. I'm just glad it's all behind me now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me imagino como te sentiste, pero todo tiene arreglo.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!

    The plants are incredible!!
    I love the rubber tree

    Hugs,
    Lina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Lina and thank you for the compliment! The Rubber Tree is also one of my favorites. Unfortunately the tape I use has been discontinued and I only have enough to make about six more.:(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carolyn! When I saw your first photo, I thought that I was viewing a plant that just needed some water! I didn't realize that this was a miniature! Each and every photo looked so life-like and even in their damaged condition, they still appeared to be real. The veining on the leaves and the stems look fresh. Your skills and talents just blow me away!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Elizabeth! Thank you for your wonderful comments:) I never thought about the plants looking starved for water, but I can see it now that you mentioned it, especially after my real Peace Lily did exactly that last week. It took a little more work to revive it than did my miniature version. I have been trying to take a few pics of my new Hosta Blue Hawaii, but family is so demanding lately, so please check back again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your blog
    Thanks for sharing
    Can you interested thay man hinh and thay man hinh zenfone

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you and thanks for taking the time to read so many posts! :)

    ReplyDelete