Hello and thank you for visiting my Blog! My miniature passion lies in making houseplants, but since most are viewable on my website, this blog will often feature wonderful treasures by other artisans, with a few diversions I hope you will find interesting.



Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I'M IN THE BISHOP INTERNATIONAL SHOW!

I just got a call from Tom Bishop. He's in Chicago getting ready for the show this weekend and found that one of his dealers is ill and can't make it. So he called me! I did several of Tom's early shows back in Denver in the early 1980's, so he knows me and my work. I live an hour away and can get there in a hurry, so I lucked out! Thank you, Tom!

I'm so excited, but very nervous about driving by myself in Chicago. And I have no helper, so I'll be on my own, unless I can convince one of my kids to help me. Doubtful. It's a three day show and it will take me two days to dig my old display things out of my basement. What have I gotten myself into?

Hoepfully, something wonderful. We'll see!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, congratz! If I live in the US, I will volunteer to be your helper!! Will you take me? :) So many people are going to the Chicago show, in particular this Tom Bishop show. I am so curious about this guy. Is he like a miniaturist or someone who organises these fairs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoooooooooooooHoooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! Yippeeeeeeee!!!!!!! This is so exciting I can't stand it!!! Congratulations Carolyn! You are going to have a blast and I know you'll do well!!!! Damn - I wish I could go with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I would, Susan! I am looking forward to meeting some of my mini cyber-friends in person. Last year I was a spectator and was able to go around the show and find people I had met online. Now they'll have to find me. I hope they do!

    Tom Bishop and his wife started miniature shows many years ago. I met him in Denver in the early 1980's, but he's from Florida and may have started shows much earlier. He is an organizer, not an artist. His shows are very prestigious, and I am lucky to be in one, even if at the last minute. Since I don't need to get on a plane or get a hotel room, I was the best one for him to call with short notice.

    I'm so nervous getting everything ready!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristy, I wish you would be there, too. There's always stand-by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, what a great oppportunity, but I also understand your trepidation about the prospect of having to manage by yourself for 3 whole days. Hopefully your kids will 'come to the party' - have you tried bribery? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enhorabuena!!!!!
    Que tengas mucha suerte y pasatelo genial!!
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Besitos! (is that your first name?) It will be alot of work, but I hope to have fun, too!

    ReplyDelete